Billing and Payment Policy (Version 5)
This document outlines the Billing and Payment Policy for BackJack's Version 5. If you are using BackJack's v4 software and need to review its Billing and Payment Policy, please click here.
When you subscribe to BackJack, you will be required to confirm:
(a) the total number of Users you would like to protect
(b) the total number of 10 GB Storage blocks you would like to purchase
Our pricing is based on the annual rate per User and on the annual rate per 10 GB storage block purchased. Pricing can be found via www.backjack.com/pricing.html. The minimum storage space per User is one 10 GB block; therefore, the number of storage blocks purchased cannot be less than the total number of Users on the Account (ie. if you have 10 Users on the Account, you need a minimum of 10 corresponding blocks of storage).
Annual Billing Period & Renewal
Your invoice period starts at 12:01 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on the date you subscribe (specifically, at the point the subscription process is completed via our site with full contact and credit card information provided) and ends one year later on the same date and time. We will notify you, via email, prior to the end of your Annual term so that you can choose to renew your subscription or cancel (the renewal is not automatic). As per above, we will honor the same pricing on any additional Storage blocks you need to purchase throughout your Annual term; however, if you opt to renew your subscription, the price is subject to change and will be based on our current price offering via www.backjack.com.
30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
All initial fees paid are 100% refundable should you cancel within the first 30 days.
By purchasing a subscription, you acknowledge that you are aware of the opportunity to "try before you buy" by using a free version of BackJack. As such, Synectics does not offer any refunds for purchases.
10 GB Storage Block (Selected Data)
There is a direct 1-to-1 correlation between the selected data on your Mac and the storage you purchase (ie. 9.2 GB selected on your hard drive to be backed up would mean that you can purchase and stay within a 10 GB block each month). You determine and select how much storage space you require (based on the size of the files/folders you want to back up).
The BackJack software will retain 10 revisions of your changed files for a period of 30 days, after which time, if no further revisions have been completed, all versions of such file, save and except the most recent version, shall be deleted from the storage by Synectics. If an individual file is moved or removed from the Client's local storage or hard drive it will remain on Synectics' servers for no more than 30 days, after which time such file shall be deleted by Synectics.
When you initially subscribe OR buy more storage throughout the duration of your subscription, you will receive an emailed invoice to the designated billing contact on your Account. This invoice is sent from <email@example.com> confirming all details. Please ensure that all spam filters are set to accept mail from this address. Once the invoice has been emailed to the billing contact on your Account, your credit card is automatically charged for the fees associated with your subscription or the purchase of additional storage. Charges will appear on your credit card statement as BackJack/Synectics Inc. You are responsible for keeping all contact information on your Account up to date. This can be done via email <firstname.lastname@example.org> or conveniently online via MyBackJack. Hard copies of your invoices are available upon request for a fee of $5.00 per month.
Purchasing Additional Users and Storage
At any time during your annual billing cycle, you are welcome to purchase additional Users or storage for your Account. This can be done conveniently via MyBackJack ('Buy More' link) where it will show you the current amounts, 'in use' amounts and available amounts to assist with purchase decisions. If you add another User, you must either have an unassigned block of storage available OR purchase an additional block for this new User. Storage can be purchased in 10 GB block increments only. The 'Buy More' screen will confirm your current annual totals, the prorated fee for your purchase and your new annual total. Once you have confirmed your purchases, you are immediately able to configure any new Users and assign the additional storage. All fees are automatically prorated and the fee charged will represent the cost for the remaining time left in your annual billing period. This fee will be processed immediately via either your existing credit card or via updated credit card info submitted. Credit card is the only accepted method of payment. Purchases less than $1.00 will not be processed.
Removing Users and Storage
If you would like to deactivate a User that has performed backups, this can be done via MyBackJack ('Manage Users' link). When you deactivate a User, you have the choice of deactivating it immediately (there is no reversing this action and the backed up files are permanently purged) OR deactivating it at some point in the future. Removing it right away immediately frees up a User to be reconfigured. If you wait until your next invoice date, then you will not be able to use this 'freed up' User until your next invoice date. The corresponding number of storage blocks also associated with this User will be available and can be reassigned as necessary. We are unable to credit you for (a) storage purchased and not used. All deactivated Users remain available for your future use.
We accept credit card payment via American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Paypal. You are required to submit all relevant credit card information as requested, during the subscription or 'buy more' process, in order to process payment.
Non-payment (credit card)
The policy below applies to:
- initial subscription fees
- future storage purchases
- If we are unable to process any of the above fees using the credit card information provided, we proceed as follows:
- an email notification will be sent immediately to the billing contact(s) listed on the Account
- if we do not hear back or are unable to process the fees within 5 business days of the original declined transaction, the Account will be placed in a suspended status and we will send another email to inform you of the suspension
- if you do not make contact within 15 days from the suspension email being sent, we send a registered letter informing you of the suspension. A registered letter is sent so that we have formal proof that the letter has been received by you and that you are aware of the situation.
- If you do not provide us with updated payment information within 30 days of the date of the registered letter, the Account is formally deactivated and the files are permanently purged from the BackJack servers.
- The ability to conveniently update your credit card information is available online via the MyBackJack portal. Contact can also be made via phone toll-free in North America at 1 888 421 0220, internationally at + 1 519 650 1559, via fax at 1 519 650 1559 or via email email@example.com.
- Interest charges will be applied at 1.5% per month from the date of your initial non-payment. The client remains wholly responsible for all charges that accumulate on the Account from the time initial non-payment occurred.
- Once all outstanding charges have been paid in full, your Account is removed from suspended status so that both uploads and recoveries can be performed.
Suspending an Account
Since you are invoiced based on the amount of data being stored on our servers, your Account cannot be placed in a temporary suspended status (ie. there are still costs involved for us to maintain and store your existing data). If you need to cancel your Account, please review our Cancellation Policy.
Cancelling an Account
If you need to cancel your Account, please review our Cancellation Policy.